Karma for Dollars
"Karma for Dollars" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of The Other Side (series).
- Larry Block - Considers his life/occupation as a mediocre actor.
- Jack Kornfield - Talking Rain (solitude).
- Larry - Strange day - doing one man show out of town and forgot his clothes/costume. Got new clothes, show went well. Back to NY for flight to Seattle, long night. Rehersal in Seattle - feeling energized - but not understanding the play at all - "it makes no sense." Joe reminds him that he has thought it was great, but Larry found no meaning in it during rehersal and considered quiting the play.
- Kornfield - Suffering we must bear, and still have compassion.
- Joe and Larry - Is this material useful? Will Joe pay for it? Professional relationships. Larry tells a story Joe is interested in.
- Kornfield - Ecclesiates - a time for everything being about the eternal changes. Praise, Blame and truth to yourself.
- Larry - Doing a play about adjustment to post-war life. Visiting a sewing factory to get a sense of that life for the play. The seamstresses trying to work while being talked to by actors. Actors can never understand. Money in Public Radio? Joe would not put this negotiaion on his show. (But he did...) Joe fires Larry?
- Kornfield - Being present in the midst of changes.
- Larry - Larry Block following? Larry wants a credit like Jack's.
- Kornfield - How can we judge each other? The Earth receives all things. May I be at Peace.
- Larry - Rates have gone up. Larry claims Joe has a lavish life and can pay for him.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
Great negotiation between Joe and Larry.