|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Lester Nafzger, Julie Renick, Joe Frank|
|Scripted Actors, Telephone, Mock Interview, 1 hour|
|Followed by:||The More I Know You|
"A month ago I visited my mother in Columbus Ohio."
- Lester Nafzger, on the phone, talking about his argumentative mother, 81. They have a tremendous dispute over hypnotism.
- Superstition: counting 12 babies in arms for 12 days of good luck. Then, the 13th day.
- Lester tells us his 26 (and counting) definitive life reference points, lynchpins of his existence. Events that didn't make the list.
- Lester seems to know the height of everyone he knows. He's a numbers guy.
- Performances: looking for Jerry Rickshaw. Joe and Lester discuss the performance. What Jerry Rickshaw means to Lester.
- Where's Charlotte.
- My Teeth Are So Much Uglier Than Yours.
- Discussion of the role of an artist.
- Performances: Missing Barbara. Cartoon. Big Band.
- Lester describes the boogie boys: musical saboteurs.
- A serene mother-and-baby scene.
- Lester tells of his struggle to close the nearly 100 holes in the poorly-built wall connecting his furnace room to a porno theater next door. Then we hear audio from a porn movie.
- Lester recites the weight of everyone he knows.
- In this program and in Landing Strip in the Jungle Lester uses the name Lester Ainslie.
- We hear two tracks from Enya's "Watermark" album in this program.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
Life reference points! Fascinating how we all process the passing of our lives in different ways.